Monday, July 1, 2013

The prodigal son returns!

The hubster had range supervision out in the foothills today. Because the range is so far from restaurants, I got the job of bringing him and his partner lunch. (I'm so lucky!!!)

Bringing lunch to the range is pretty daunting.  They requested El Pollo Loco, so I headed over to pick up the food. Easy-peasy! Then, I drove up to the range.

 The range is located behind a ranger station in the national forest near our city.  It's not really a forest where the range is, it's mostly scrub brush with a few trees.  Just the type of place where rattlesnakes love to hang out!  I've never seen one, but I have heard stories. (I'm getting mother effin tired of these mother effin snakes on this mother effin range!!)

To get up to the range, you have to drive up a single-lane, unpaved road.  It's not smooth, there are plenty of bumps and rocks.  You can only go about 7 miles an hour or you will mess up your car. I hate driving this way, so I was white knuckling it the whole way! By the time I got there, I had an awful headache.  

We all ate lunch sitting in the shade of an easy up.  This was great, because it was about 10 degrees cooler at the range than it was downhill, and there was a really nice breeze blowing, too. I wasn't in any hurry to drive back, so I hung out and chatted for a while. My headache finally subsided, and I got back in the car to go home.

More white knuckling, another headache ensued.  By the time I got home I was feeling nauseous.  I sat down to rest, which was made nearly impossible by H and her friend, J, who kept talking loudly and making unnecessary noises. Darn teens!!! 

I loaded up on Motrin and mixed up a Starbucks refresher packet (well worth the 100 calories today!!). Then, I put up my feet for a few minutes of rest. By this time, I had already been on the go since about 7 am, awake since 5 am, and ready for my nap!! (No nap occurred, however)

That afternoon, my son C came home on leave for the Army!!!  I went over to the airport to pick him up. Yay, I love my boy.

Our families came over to see C, and my MIL made some fried fish and shrimp. I had a few of the shrimp and they were yummy, but I didn't want to go overboard, so I ate a bowl of cereal.

After everyone went home, the hubster and I were able to get our workout in, and now I am lounging, writing, and thinking about going to bed.

Breakfast: multigrain hot cereal packet and a nectarine
Lunch: 3 chicken tacos al carbon (El Pollo Loco)
Dinner: a few fried shrimp, Special K vanilla almond cereal with skim milk
Snack: banana with peanut butter

Workout: Muay Thai (TapouT XT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it positive, no negativity please!