Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Filing Cabinet Bites and other horrors


Today, I went back to school to see my classroom and begin setting it up for next year.  This is what I encountered when I walked in the door:
This does not look like an engaging learning environment.  I should mention that I am sharing a room with our site's preschool at his year, so it is not all my stuff.  I was the first to arrive in the room, however, so I started the work of putting it to order.

I worked for 6 hours today, stopping only for brief rests and to eat a peach and a handful of almonds.  I had planned to go out to grab lunch, but I just didn't want to take the time once I started working.  I had a little help moving the heavy stuff from my friend G and her mom. My upper arm got pinched in between two filing cabinets while we were moving them, giving me a filing cabinet bite.  It is a little bruised, not enough to show on a picture tonight, maybe if I sleep on it, it will get darker and really gross.  Here are the intermediate results of my hard work:
Not too bad for a day's work.  I still have a ton of boxes to unpack and I have to do all the decorating.  There is a lot of wall space!! Then there are lesson plans, name tags, etc.  I still have a ton to do! I will go back on Friday and continue working.

I took a nap after dinner. I was really tired.  My dinner was super yummy, though.  I put shredded beef in the crockpot before I left this morning, and when I got home, I turned it into these delicious tacos:
I ate them with nonfat refried beans and brown rice.  I didn't even feel guilty about eating a dinner that was over 700 calories because I didn't have a lunch.  And I still have enough calories in my bank to eat a substantial snack.

Since the school is closed tomorrow, I will relax before wading back into all the beginning of the year business.

Tuesday's Menu
Breakfast: bagel thin with peanut butter
Lunch: Tom Kha with brown rice (leftover)
Dinner: shrimp and grits and a pluot
Snacks: a banana with light string cheese, and a protein shake made with coconut almond milk and half a banana

Workout: Insanity plyo (shortened by only doing 1 round of the warmup and not stretching in the middle of the workout)

Wednesday's Menu:
Breakfast: 2 turkey sausage patties, 2 scrambled eggs with light cheddar cheese
Snack: peach and almonds; light popcorn
Dinner: 2 shredded beef tacos with brown rice and nonfat refried beans

Workout: the hubster came home late from work, and I had been doing physical labor moving furniture all day, so we skipped it. I did lift a Coors Light to my lips, though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it positive, no negativity please!