Friday, July 5, 2013

After Fourth


If anyone were to ask me if I would buy fireworks, I would tell them no.  I mean, would you take a hundred dollar bill and light it on fire? (I am not talking to you, Floyd Mayweather, I am talking to the average person!) Plus, why should I pay for fireworks when I can just go outside and scam on my neighbors' shows???

So, of course, yesterday, I saved a buttload of money by not buying fireworks.  The hubster says that if we could get the good stuff that shoots in the air, he might be willing to fork over the money, but he is under no circumstances paying upwards of $50 to shoot off some piccolo petes and groundflowers, and I completely agree.

I will say that we had a pretty awesome family bbq at our house for C's birthday, despite the fact that we don't own a working bbq.  My parents brought over a ton of ribs and chicken, my SIL made pasta salad, and my MIL made some spicy greens.  I made mac and cheese, corn salad (look for the recipe at the end of this blog), and I opened a can of baked beans. And we had a great bbq!!!!

Also, I tried Bud Light Strawberrita for the first time and all I can say is wow!! That is an amazing flavored ale beverage.  They really hit on the margarita flavors and how smart is it to try to sell a product to women who don't drink beer! (I am not among those women, but I know there are some out there).

We head to Vegas tomorrow, for C's first adult adventure as a fully legal adult with all rights and privileges thereby conferred!  Looking forward to some good times this weekend, and also to four years from now, when H turns 21. 

Menu
Breakfast: Special K cereal with skim milk
Lunch: I honestly don't remember what I had, but it was small and healthy :)
Snack: banana with peanut butter
Dinner: bbq ribs, Mac n cheese, pasta salad, corn salad, baked beans, greens, small piece of birthday cake, 2 strawberritas

Workout: rest day!!!!

Corn Salad
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil (I use evoo)
Tajin seasoning
Microwaveable steam bag corn
3 baby cucumbers (or one large)
3 small/medium tomatoes

For dressing: whisk together olive oil and lemon juice, set aside

For salad:
Microwave corn according to package directions.  Dice tomatoes and cucumbers. 

 Combine veggies in a large bowl, pour dressing over.  Sprinkle with Tajin to taste.  Refrigerate until ready to serve. You can add avocado to this salad as well, fold it In gently if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it positive, no negativity please!