Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Go-tos

Everyone has their go-tos, be they people, places, foods, or exercise that you know you can always turn to.  I thought that today I would share a few of mine.

1. Shaved Zucchini  I love shaved zucchini as a pasta substitute. You can eat a giant plate of this and not feel guilty. Here's how to do it: take a zucchini (bigger is better, ladies!) and a wide vegetable peeler like this one:
Then just take the zucchini and shave down the side with your peeler. Keep shaving it till you hit the seeds, then turn and do the next side.  It takes about 4 large zucchini to get enough "pasta" for 3 people. You can steam it or cook it in your sauce.I like to serve mine with baked chicken Parmesan and homemade chunky tomato sauce. Yum!!!

2. Oil sprayer Do you know why Pam has no calories??? Because it's made with silicone. Yeah, you know that stuff fake boobies are made of? Would you spray fake boobie in your pan and then cook food in it? I didn't think so!!! Get yourself an oil sprayer like this:
Mine is from the Pampered Chef, but you can get them at Target, Walmart, and Williams Sonoma. Fill it with olive oil, people. Stay away from vegetable and canola oil. That stuff is bad for you. I only use olive oil for cooking. Coconut is good too, but you can't put it in a sprayer!

3. Bananas if you have ever read this blog, you can tell how much I love bananas. I eat at least one every day. Usually with peanut butter. Those two things together make a perfect fat/carb/protein combo that is a filling snack or mini meal.

4. My Keurig I must, must, must have my coffee in the morning! I only drink one cup, so making a whole pot is wasteful. I love my Keurig. It makes great tasting coffee quickly. When I'm working, I brew it into my travel mug and off I go. On my breaks, I use a regular cup haha. I have the most basic one, and I don't see a need for anything fancier!

So those are some of my go-tos. If you have any tips or tricks or products that work for you, share them in the comments section!!!

Menu
Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with lowfat cheddar cheese, avocado, and salsa.
Lunch: leftover Thai coconut broth from shabu shabu with brown rice
Dinner: salmon, one fourth of a sweet potato, corn
Snack: banana and peanut butter

Workout Legs and Back from TapouT XT 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it positive, no negativity please!