Thursday, July 11, 2013

Return to the Land of Normal

Now that all of the Vegas fun is over, it is time to return to Normal.  Back on track with my eating and exercise, back on track with all of the boring chores that need to be done.

Last night, I made a yummy tray of roasted veggies. They are super delicious and I can't wait to mix them with my quinoa and some fresh mozzarella balls for lunch.  I write this as I am just finishing breakfast. Man, I love to eat!!! 
I roasted them in a 9x11 pan at 350 for an hour. I drizzle them with EVOO and sprinkle with garlic salt, but you can use whatever seasonings you like best.

C goes back to North Carolina on Saturday, so we have some visits to go make today to his grandfather and his great great aunt.  Then we are going to the Goodwill to drop off another few bags of clothes and some bikes that we aren't using anymore.  What a busy day we have ahead.

Today also marks the midpoint of our TapouT XT program. I will share my day 60 pics in a few weeks so you can see my progress so far.  If you are just starting to lose weight and workout, I highly suggest taking before and after pics from the front and the side so you can see your body changing.  When I feel like I am losing motivation, I go back to look at my pics and see how far I've come. The scale sometimes (most of the time) doesn't show your progress as well as pictures do!
The pic on the right is before I started working out and changing my diet.  I looked at that pic and I thought, wow, I look really big. And I decided that I needed to change.  The pic on the left was taken this weekend, I am in the white top. Sometimes I feel like I lost 10 lbs just from my face! 

Wednesday's menu
Breakfast: pancakes made with 1 mashed banana and 2 eggs mixed together, topped with sf syrup
Lunch: leftover spaghetti
Snack:  banana with peanut butter
Dinner: top sirloin steak with veggies and quinoa
My quinoa is mixed with fresh basil, and a vinaigrette of balsamic vinegar and EVOO
Snack: dried apples 

Workout: Sprawl and Brawl from TapouT XT. This workout is punching, elbowing, kneeing, mixed with lunges, planks, mountain climbers and sit-ups. 

Thursday's menu:
Breakfast: leftover steak with one scrambled egg
Lunch: 2 chicken soft tacos w/ a little beans and rice. Señor Baja I didn't get to eat my quinoa and veggies because we were out doing errands at lunchtime :(
Snack: banana with peanut butter
Dinner: Joe's Crab Shack: peel n eat shrimp appetizer, salad, 1/2 Samuel Adams steampot

Workout: it is rest day, whoopee!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it positive, no negativity please!