Thursday, June 20, 2013

Welcome!

And here it is, day one. My main objective here is to keep a virtual food diary, visible to anyone at anytime.  I am hoping that this will keep me accountable to healthy eating and working out.

What you will find here: pictures and daily menus of exactly what I ate. Detailed accounts of my workouts.  Fun stories about the crazy crap that happened during my day.

What you won't find here: calorie counts, preaching about specific eating plans, or bullshit.

Let's be brutally honest, here.  Working out and eating healthy is NOT fun.  Not by a long shot! At least, it isn't for me.  If you love working out and eating healthfully, more power to you.  I am one of those girls that would rather sit and watch a Keeping Up with the Kardashians marathon than get up off my lazy ass to work out.  Hence, the spread of said ass to a proportion that I am finding less than pleasing.  So I decided to do something about it.  With the help of my trusty hubby and workout partner, Mr. C, I have begun a workout program (TapouT XT) and reformed my eating habits (meaning no more late night Wienerschnitzel corn dog runs). Today is week 3, day 7, a rest day!

I don't have any pics ready to share.  I'm not even sure how to get them into the blog at this point, so that will be a learning curve for me.

Let me just tell you about my day.  Today, my delightful hubby handed me a package to take to UPS and a letter to mail.  So it was off on errand day for me.  (I am in stay at home mom mode, because I am out of school for the summer.  I would love to quit my day job of teaching and have full stay at home mom status, but apparently money doesn't grow on trees and we have a mortgage to pay. But I digress...) Anywho, those errands should not have taken more than an hour on a busy day at the post office, but of course, nothing is so simple as it seems. But first, breakfast: sliced strawberries with fage Greek yogurt, a drizzle of honey, and a sprinkling of Bear Naked granola, with coffee (and yes, Coffee-mate, I am hanging my head in shame.  Coffee-mate is not a natural substance!)

I carried my happy self off to Target to buy some packing tape, because of course, the package wasn't sealed.  Then I headed to the UPS store to ship the package.  When I got there, I was politely informed that they were unable to ship my goods from their store, and I had to go 2 towns over to the hub to ship it.  I grabbed my package and slunk out the door.  Damn, add another 30 minutes to my errand day!

I take the package to the UPS hub, and am given instruction on how to print a label.  I input the address my hubby gave me, and of course, it was wrong.  So I had to look it up on the Internet and input it correctly.  I paid, took my receipt with the all important tracking number, jumped back in the car and off I went, to lunch.  I had a number of choices of where to eat, but I picked Chipotle. (Yum!) I had a burrito bowl with brown rice, pinto beans, chicken, mild and corn salsas, and cheese.  When I go to Chipotle, I choose either cheese or sour cream, because both is just overkill, don't you think? I also had Coke Zero, because I haven't managed to break the addiction.

Then I went to the post office, mailed my letter and went home.  The end. (I am lying here, I actually went to two different Kohl's and bought a pair of shorts and a top.  I am also a voracious shopper.)

I went home, caught the second half of the basketball game, and for dinner I had red pepper hummus with a few carrots and pretzel crisps, and an instant Starbucks iced coffee with coconut almond milk.  Now it is 10:30 and I am hungry, so I think I will have some Thai coconut soup that I have leftover in the fridge (it's homemade) and some water or maybe green tea. Nom nom.  Then it will be off to bed, I suppose.The hubby gave me a shot of crown royal and buttershots. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it positive, no negativity please!