Friday, June 21, 2013

Grits n eggs n haircuts oh my!

This morning, the hubster and I tackled Competition Core (TapouT XT wk 4 day 1).

Before this, I ate two(!) bananas with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a cup of coffee with coffee-mate.😱 

I still need to take breaks, but I end each workout covered in sweat and panting!! Gotta love planks and mountain climbers!!!
Me n my workout buddy at Xmas! (Thank goodness for the blogger app or there would be no pics in this blog!)

  Lunch was cottage cheese-parmesan grits with scrambled eggs and turkey sausage.
Topped it with salsa! Woot! Today, H notified me that she was on the last episode of My Name is Earl on Netflix. This represents an accomplishment of hours upon hours of doing nothing productive, and so I must salute her on completing her journey. In her off time, she enjoys sleeping and eating .... teenagers!

  Off to Fantastic Sam's for haircut day. H hasn't had her hair short since she was two and had that unfortunate scissor incident (you moms know the one I'm talking about) and we had to even it out. Today she went for the full crop. Her hair was shoulder length when she entered FS. 

  The only thing worse than actually getting a haircut is waiting for someone else to get one.  Oh, the hard plastic chairs, the terrible anticipation (will it come out right?), the Dr. Oz playing on the TV. 

 Today, Dr. Oz revealed his revolutionary plan for monitoring your poop, complete with downloadable poop tracking chart and picture examples! My life is forever changed.  Here's a link, in case your poo is concerning you:

Then his accomplice doctor discussed how to do kegels using a tampon. How did I make it through 40 years of life without knowing this vital information??? (I should probably do the kegels thing, I leak a little during jumping jacks, and don't even get me started on bounce houses!)

   Ta-da! The final product:
After the big reveal we hit up Starbucks for a venti skinny vanilla latte, yum!

When we got home, Mr. C informed me that he had a shrimp burrito. So, I did the sensible thing and ate some cheddar flavored mini rice cakes with water to wash it down. Clearly, I was hoping for some date night action, so I delayed dinner as long as humanly possible. But Mr. C ignored my silent pleas and insisted I rub his neck until he fell asleep. I got tired of waiting, so I had a heavy snack:
This is triscuits (6 of them) and a packet of Starkist Tuna Creations herb and garlic tuna.

Still hoping for that date night, though!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it positive, no negativity please!