Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Back on Track

More than once a cheat meal has turned into a cheat weekend.  (Can I get an amen?!?!) Even though I know this slows my weight loss, it also helps to keep me sane and able to continue a healthy (for the most part) eating plan.  

This is no diet.  It is supposed to be a lifelong change in how I eat on a day to day basis. I have been doing this for the past 3 months.  Cheat meals make me feel less deprived and are a continual reminder of how one bad meal does not mean the end of healthy eating.  I always go back to healthy habits in the end.

Yesterday was back on track day.  I had bear naked fit granola w/coconut milk for breakfast, followed by tuna and triscuits with carrots for lunch.  The hubster brought a tiny container of leftover Thai food that I had as an afternoon snack, and dinner was shaved zucchini "pasta" with homemade tomato sauce and turkey Italian sausage.  After my workout, I had hummus and carrots as a snack. Not too bad for the day, especially since I hadn't been to the store in a while and was limited on food choices.

This was my workout last night:
I have to say that so far in the program (day 24) this is the most fun.  A full 40 minutes of kicking, elbowing, and punching, with a little core work in the form of planks with walk-ins.  It ended with me all sweaty and tired as usual!!

I also tried some new food choices:

Have you heard of bulletproof coffee?  It's coffee with unsalted, grass-fed butter stirred in.  I figured it couldn't hurt to try, so I whipped some up, sweetened it with stevia, and drank it down. It tasted surprisingly good, rich and creamy.  It is claimed that it gives you energy and helps you lose weight.  I don't know about all that, but it could make a good snack, since I felt full after drinking it and that full feeling stuck with me for a few hours.

This morning, I tried a new breakfast.  I found this low carb bread at Fresh n Easy (only 2g net carbs and 5g fiber per slice)
I topped it with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and had a banana on the side.  Very yummy!  The bread is a little dry, but I think it will make good French toast, and it tasted great with the peanut butter!!

Have a healthy week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it positive, no negativity please!