Thursday, June 27, 2013

Operation Clean Pantry!!

Today is the day I had set aside to clean my pantry (as opposed to all the other days that I have set aside for sitting on my butt!)

At about 10:00, with The View blaring in the background, I began to work. I took breaks to eat lunch and to go to buy baskets for organizing. H helped a little, by throwing things out and cleaning a shelf. At 4:00, I finished the job. 
Here it is!!! So beautiful and spacious. The floor needs to be mopped, but H can do that when she gets home. 

I am ashamed to admit that I cleaned the pantry not because it bothered me that it was full of old food, but rather because I had a bad case of pantry moths. Eeeeeewwwww! I threw away a lot of old food, and I threw away a lot of good food that was infested. I really feel like I have accomplished something.  Last time I tried to do this, I only got the floor and one shelf cleaned!

If you have had pantry moths, you know how hard they are to get rid of. I wiped down every shelf, can, box, and bottle in that pantry today.  I have to be super vigilant to keep them from reinfesting.  They are so gross. 

Now that you are sufficiently grossed out, here is today's menu:

Breakfast: French toast made with low carb bread, topped with sugar free "maple" syrup.
Snack: banana with 1 tbs peanut butter. 
Lunch: chicken breast and vegetables
Snack: cheddar rice cakes
Dinner: chicken salad with avocado and light Asian sesame dressing

Workout: rest day :)

This weekend is going to be hot as balls here in California. Hope the weather where you are is comfortable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it positive, no negativity please!