Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Little of Something is Better Than a Lot of Nothing!

I have been coming down with a little something, probably a cold that I am pretty sure I received as a gift from one of my kiddos this week! As a result, I haven't been feeling into working out. I made myself do it despite feeling crappy.  They weren't the greatest workouts, I had to take more rest breaks and didn't do as many reps with as much energy as normal, but I still completed them. A lighter, slower workout is definitely better than none at all.

I have been enjoying my class. This was our first full week together, and it has definitely been challenging at times to get these little ones to follow class rules and remain calm.  4 year olds can wind each other up so quickly!  My room finally looks complete, I will post some pics in the next blog so you can see the before and afters!

I cooked every meal I ate this week, with the exception of last night's cheat meal. We got a group of friends together to go to a little Japanese bbq /sushi house and enjoyed grilled meats, sushi rolls, sake, beer, dessert, and each other's company. The best idea of the night was for each couple to order a different dessert and pass them around the table so everyone got a little taste of each. So yummy!!!

I lost 2 more lbs this week for a grand total of 19 so far!! It averages to about 5 lbs a month, but the losses have not been steady. I lose, plateau, then lose a little more and start the cycle all over again. It's a slow process, but definitely worth the effort.

This weekend, I made some play dough for my kiddos, cleaned the house with the assistance of H and B, and relaxed with good company.
 All in all a highly successful 2 days!  Now I am off to the store to load up on healthy goodness for the coming week!

Food for the week:
Breakfasts: either a sammy made of a sandwich thin, turkey sausage, egg, and light cheese; or a protein shake
Lunches: leftover salmon with half a yam,  leftover jerk pork with brown rice, a salad with yogurt dressing
Snacks: fruit, light cheese, protein shakes, juice for workout energy
Dinners: salmon with yams, salsa turkey with cheese grits, steak with polenta, jerk pork with brown rice and mango salsa, Japanese bbq and sushi

Workouts: TapouT XT: plyo, cardio, strength and force upper, Muay Thai 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it positive, no negativity please!